You are here
Portrait et plan d’action en réussite éducative et sociale
In 2011, the MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges created the sub-working committee on academic and social success. Its goal is to ensure that all the actors concerned have a common understanding of the specific issues related to academic perseverance and the fight to reduce drop out rates in our region.
The portrait that has been conducted includes an analysis of the data related to academic perseverance, as well as an inventory of the actions implemented to encourage academic perseverance and reduce drop out rates among youth between 0 to 20 years of age.
The read the whole document, download the portrait (in French only).
The various avenues for action proposed in this portrait of the situation have served to guide the sub-committee in identifying priorities for its action plan.
The five priorities are:
- Satisfy the socio-affective needs of children and youth to encourage successful academic integration;
- Promote the active engagement of youth in their studies and in their community;
- Support parents with children in preschool, elementary or high school by developing their educational competencies;
- Encourage networks and collaborative efforts between community actors that have an impact on academic success and perseverance, and active youth engagement;
- Act in concert to prevent students from dropping out and enable academic reintegration.